Last week I was surprised and ecstatic when thie beautiful lady who blogs over at Inflamed In The Membranes nominated me for the Liebster Award. It’s a cool way to recognize other bloggers around you and get the word out about them to others. It has been on my mind all week, making me stop and smile. Now I’m sitting down to carry out the award’s tasks!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person that nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the eleven questions about yourself provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide eleven random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate five to eleven blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the bloggers that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
The Questions I Was Asked:
- Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging?
Yes! I love reading. I also have found I love decorating and color coordinating. I’d love to do interior design if there were a market and if I wasn’t aiming to be a scientist. I also love baking and cooking.
- Do you watch television?
Not really. I do watch some shows on Netflix or downloaded. I recently watched the first two seasons of Game of Thrones and I have been working on the first season of Reign since December. Big Bang Theory and New Girl are great when I need a laugh.
- Do you follow a special diet?
No but I have been making an effort to cut back on sugar – I haven’t had a soda in over 2 days and I’m checking the sugar content on things, especially beverages.
- What is your favorite dish to eat? Hungarian food mmmm, Chicken Paprikash. But I love Italian too. And stews/roasts. And smoked meat…basically food in general – warm, flavorful nourishment.
- Is there something you would like to do more of? Yoga. Get out of the house more. Have “active” fun – like playing outside and dancing.
- Are you a morning person or night owl? Night owl, definitely.
- Bright lights or dimly lit rooms? I just don’t like overhead lights in living or bedrooms. I feel blinded and they’re just too damn bright.
- What is your least favorite household chore? Emptying the dishwasher.
- What inspires you? Life, animals, laughter, beautiful weather -whether it’s snow, sunshine, or rain, pretty colors and patterns, women, badasses, fear, grit, knowledge, the underdogs
- If you had one wish to be granted, what would it be? That I could choose to have at least a small amount of pain free days. 5 a year would be amazing.
- What is it you hope people get out of reading your blog? Above all, hope and inspiration and strength. But I’d love for them to find some humor and a lot of knowledge too.
11 Random Facts
I was born at Offutt AFB in Nebraska
I sometimes feel homesick, even in my home, but I feel instantly comforted as soon as I call out to my Goddess and Nature.
My son’s intelligence scares me a little. Part of that is I’m nervous about how well myself and his future schools can keep him motivated and challenged.
I don’t like chocolate ice cream. But I do like chocolate.
My homemade from scratch brownies make grown men cry tears of joy.
I am an INTJ (females of this personality type are the rarest in the population).
The only two places I REALLY want to visit before I die are Greece and London, specifically the Temple of Artemis and Westminster Abbey to visit Queen Elizabeth I’s tomb – she is one of my most beloved idols.
I like to read out loud to animals.
The NFL and Indianapolis Colts played a big role in getting me through the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007.
Between the two, I would cure my OCD before my Lupus.
My phone’s lock screen background picture is George Bush holding a Schnauzer and flicking someone off.
I would list a few more but I’ve got to get my spawn to bed. He’s already winged another 90 minutes of play and movie watching haha. As for the 11 questions for the ones I nominate, I LOVED the ones that were asked for me so I would like to see the others’ answers 🙂
Lots of Love and Light (L^3?),